Friday, July 27, 2012

My Very First Before and After

So, this was what my dresser looked like before:
It came from my childhood bedroom.  My parent's bought it in 1987 to give you and idea of how old it is and in it's current state, it's not exactly conducive to getting ready in the morning. 

Here is what it looks like now:


Before you ask, yes I did actually put the stuff on top of the dresser where it belongs.  The necklaces are most likely there to stay because if they're not in plain sight, I forget I own them.  I went through the stuff that landed on top of the dresser and donated some things.  I bought a basket at Pier One for $10 and used two pink containers I already owned to hold make up and hair stuff.  They jewelry box holds mostly sentimental pieces, gifts and things my grandmother owned so it's not going away either. 

I went though a period where I was convinced I could pull off headbands like Blair Waldorf. 


I can't.  So I got rid of any headband with an attachment.  I still have to go through what's inside the drawers and possibly paint the dresser since I can't afford to replace it but that's it for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment